Baystate Consulting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > QuickBooks Products > 01 Transaction Pro Importer 2.0 [Product retired 12/31/2010]
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ErrorTransactions must have at least one line item
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedErrorTransactions must have at least one line item

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCCMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2009 at 11:31am

I might need to do that.  But before I do, I was looking at my list of "items" in QB and see that the items I have on the import file have been created new.  So it appears that when I am importing the transactions, the import is not recognizing the previously set up items.  I noticed in the portable QB file you provided that the items were first level items.  In my QB file the items are sub-items of other "parent" items.  The parent items have different item names than the sub-items.  Do I need to add additional information on the file being imported for the import to recognize the items are actually sub-items?

Administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2009 at 11:35am
Well that is most certainly the issue. As we discussed if you don't specify a price then the item must be setup.

If you are using items with sub-items then specify them like this

Widget:Sub1
Widget:Sub2

Where Sub1 and Sub2 are the sub items of the parent item Widget.
OCCMark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCCMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2009 at 12:38pm
That did it.  Thank you for your help.  One other question, is there a way to use both tab and comma delimiters in the same import?  For example, instead of having 3 seperate lines for 3 items from the same transaction, can we have all three items seperated by commas in the same "item" box?
Administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2009 at 12:45pm
You cannot have both tab and comma delimiters in the same file. You can however have different columns that are different items. Go to options then check the eCommerce Edition checkbox, then click the file settings button and choose the second option. This essentially converts columns in your file into rows on the transaction. Simply map the additional items to the Item1, Item2, Item3, etc that appear in the mapping.
OCCMark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCCMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2009 at 1:56pm
Great, thanks for all your help.
adventureli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adventureli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 7:20pm
Are you importing a Group Item?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic