Baystate Consulting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > QuickBooks Products > 01 Transaction Pro Importer 2.0 [Product retired 12/31/2010]
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTransfer Agent

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richofc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transfer Agent
    Posted: 28 December 2007 at 2:09pm
I am transferring TPI from my laptop to a server.  Step 6 indicates that a file with a numeric extension would be created.  However, I saw no such file appear.  The only numeric file in the specified direction is reg425.exe, which I did place in the destination directory.

I receive error 349573984 - The reistration can not be located... when I open the Transfer agent. 

I used screen prints of all the TPI dialogue boxes so I entered the System ID information correctly.   My laptop is Vista Ultimate with UAC "on" and the Server is 2003.

What am I missing?
Administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2007 at 3:36pm
The file is located in the compatibility files folder.

This screen capture should help. First go to c:\program files\01 Transaction Pro Importer 2.0\

You will see a link at the top that says “Compatibility Files”. Click that link. You will then see the file you need in that folder 

In my example the file is located in:

C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\01 Transaction Pro Importer 2.0\

Yours will not be “John” but the name of your user name.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2007 at 3:51pm
If you already removed the license from the first machine and that machine is running vista then the file with the numeric extension will be located in the compatibility files folder described above. Vista may incorrectly display it as a CSV file as well.
richofc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richofc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2007 at 4:27pm
Many thanks for the help.  The "Compatibility" button allowed the file to be viewed and my license transfer is complete.
rlopez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rlopez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 3:59pm
What about if you are not running Vista? I got the same error and am not running Vista. What can I do? I have the microsoft XP professional v.2 operating system.

Please let me know.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 4:11pm
If you followed the instructions correctly then you should have no problem with XP.
rlopez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rlopez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2008 at 9:46am
I did. I went back and went through everything again and I keep getting that error. What else can I do?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2008 at 10:13am
Contact our support dept via email for further assistance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic