Baystate Consulting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > QuickBooks Products > Intuit App Center - Transaction Pro Importer QBOE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can't get QB G/L # on imports

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't get QB G/L # on imports
    Posted: 15 April 2012 at 3:10pm
hello - clearly this must be user error. I load sales, credit card, items to QB Online. I can't get some data to match up. For example
Sales-receipt template. Bank account number will not match up with my #. I put in "1005" and the import sets up a new G/L item. I cut and paste from the chart of accounts, "1005 Checking", it creates an entirely new category. 
Same for Expense Account in Bills. 

I can upload new items, or bills. But then I have to go into each transaction and fix it to record in the proper category. Very time consuming. 
Thank you.
rocket Steve
QBKaren View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QBKaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2012 at 4:12pm

Your import file should contain either account numbers or account name and not both.
If you are using account numbers include the lowest sub account only in your import file and select the options button and check the option: Enable Account Numbers on Transactions.

If you are using account names make sure you include the account and sub account separated by a colon (eg Account:Subaccount).

Visit our blog at blog.transactionpro.com for more tips and how to examples
VeritasCPA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VeritasCPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2012 at 3:38pm
I don't have the option "enable account number on transactions" - I am using 5.0. Maybe I am not looking in the right place?
QBKaren View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QBKaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2012 at 4:07pm
Visit our blog at blog.transactionpro.com for more tips and how to examples
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic