Baystate Consulting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > QuickBooks Products > 01 Transaction Pro Importer for QBOE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trouble importing Payroll Files

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JodyTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trouble importing Payroll Files
    Posted: 02 March 2012 at 11:57am
I am trying to import a csv payroll file and keep getting an error message indicating the account type and account are required. Both of these fields are in the file. I am wondering if I don't have the account map loaded correctly?? Is there anything else that could be causing this error?
QBKaren View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QBKaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2012 at 12:08pm
What is the import type (eg check, journal entry)? Can you upload a screen shot of the error and upload it to the forum. First select the Full reply editor (the squiggly arrow) and then the insert image icon.
Visit our blog at blog.transactionpro.com for more tips and how to examples
JodyTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JodyTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2012 at 12:17pm
The import type is, Account.
QBKaren View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QBKaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2012 at 12:25pm
Is there a possibility that there are lines in your import file that do not have data?  After you receive the error message any rows that are missing data have the rows bolded and any cells that are missing data are in yellow.

Just curious I thought payroll files are typically imported into QuickBooks either as a transaction type of journal entry or check.  Is there a possibility that you selected the incorrect transaction type?
Visit our blog at blog.transactionpro.com for more tips and how to examples
JodyTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JodyTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2012 at 4:40pm
We have this working now as a Journal Entry. Thank you for the help!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic