Baystate Consulting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > QuickBooks Products > 01 Transaction Pro Importer for QBOE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scary number of errors trying to import sales

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smike277 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scary number of errors trying to import sales
    Posted: 01 April 2011 at 2:55pm
I'm responsible for keeping the books at a non-profit and we started using 01 Transaction Pro Import QBOE about a month ago for importing a small number of sales receipts.  I worked well, even at just 5 transactions at a time, so we sprung for the full license.

Today is the first day I tried running it since purchasing the license, and the results were nothing short of terrifying.  I had 81 donations (Sales Receipts) to import, and here's a summary of what happened:

After setting up the import and being thrilled that all 81 records would be imported at once, I set it off and runing.  A few minutes later the status line reads, "Importing 3 of 81" and the following error pops up:

Error in frmGenie: Function WriteSalesRec...
Line: 4741 Error
(Error #20805)

I clickd "OK" (the only choice), and the status message changed to "Import Completed".  (WRONG! 2 out of 81 records had imported successfully.)

So I deleted the first two lines from the spreadsheet and started over.  Two records later:

Line: 4690 Error
(Error #20805)

The status message again incorrectly claimed "Import Completed".  (2 out of 79 records had imported successfully.)  So I tried again...

Line: 4741 Error
(Error #20806)

The status message again incorrectly claimed "Import Completed".  At this point I really started getting concerned, not only because the error messages are not designed to identify what the problem may be but also because it keeps giving me different errors.

By the 5th attempted import, I was down to 20 records left.  When the status bar read "Importing 7 of 20"...

Error in frmGenie: Function WritePaymentMet...
Line: 641 No error.
(Error #25061)

However this time after I clicked OK, it moved on to "Importing 8 of 20".  After getting through 12:

Line: 4690 Error
(Error #20805)

The status message again incorrectly claimed "Import Completed". Two records later:

Line: 4767 Error
(Error #20806)

Start again where it left off.. Four records later:

Line: 4719 Error
(Error #20806)

Start again where it left off.. I finally got the last few records complete.

At this point I was more glad that it finished than I was ticked off how much fustration I had getting it done.  But then I went to verify the amounts in QuickBooks and was distressed to see the numbers don't add up.  So now I'm terrified that I have no real idea what is going on with this software.
QBKaren View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QBKaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2011 at 3:31pm
Sorry you are having difficulties.  The cryptic error message that you are receiving is what QuickBooks Online is returning as an error message and we have no control over than.

However, we have added a new feature that will allow you to obtain more information about the error message.  You will need to update to the latest version of Transaction Pro to do this.  You can obtain the latest version of Transaction Pro by clicking the about button on the bottom left hand corner of the first screen of Transaction Pro.  The select the check for updates button and download and install the latest version.

On the options screen select the last option that starts with the word Troubleshooting to enable this log and when Transaction Pro errors a detailed log file which will have the full error message at the end of the log.

Visit our blog at blog.transactionpro.com for more tips and how to examples
smike277 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smike277 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2011 at 1:57pm
It seems to be having better luck today (through 44 records with no errors.. knock on wood for the rest.)  However it takes such a loooooong time.  It's been running for almost an hour and has only imported 44 records.  Is this normal?
QBKaren View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QBKaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2011 at 2:50pm
That speed is not normal.  However, from time to time the QuickBooks Online platform can have performance issues.  I would retry your import on different day.  
Birdlover7669 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birdlover7669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2011 at 11:16am
I, too, have noticed that it takes a very long time to import transactions.  It takes almost a minute to import each transaction, whether it's a cash receipt or an invoice.  It doesn't matter, in our situation, what day we import our transactions on.  Any suggestions?
QBKaren View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QBKaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2011 at 11:56am
We have no control over the speed of QBOE. We simply send a request for data and wait for a response. For example we query for a customer to cross reference it with the resale number and wait for QBOE to return the customer.

For your next import try doing it during non peak QBOE hours (before 9am EDT weekdays or on weekends) and see if you get better results. Not a solution by any means but just trying to offer some troubleshooting.

I did check the developer forums to see if any other applications are experiencing repeated slow performance and no one has reported anything.  I just did a five line import and it took a little over one minute.

Sorry about this but this is out of our control. Cry
QBKaren View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QBKaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2011 at 9:05am
It appears that Intuit is having issue with QuickBooks Online again other users and other developers are reporting this.  Any updates we receive will be posted at http://www.baystateconsulting.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1548&title=multiple-error-messages-and-slow-imports
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic