Baystate Consulting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > QuickBooks Products > 01 Transaction Pro Importer 2.0 [Product retired 12/31/2010]
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSet Up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Set Up
    Posted: 10 February 2011 at 12:21pm
In the set up of 01 TPI 2.0, what should be selected as field delimiter and new record character?  Field__________ Record____________

Also,  it requires one to select where the transactions will import into Quickbook's,  which I think should be Journal Entry but i am not certain.

Please advise.
Administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2011 at 12:41pm
The field delimiters are only applicable to text files.  If you open up the import file in notepad if you see commas (,) or pipes (|) characters separating each field then select the appropriate delimiter.  If you do not see any special characters separating each field then it is tab.

The record delimiter is what separates each row.  The most common one is CR/LF.

As far as the transaction type can you look in QuickBooks to see how your manually enter the transaction into QuickBooks?  Or can you provide me with the column headers on your import file.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic